Water is life. Access to it is supposed to be a universal right.
If some of us have clean water at home, shouldn’t we all?
Rainwater harvesting is the simplest way to make that happen.
Save the Rain is a clean water charity. We build rainwater collection systems on homes and primary schools, providing generations of once water deprived communities with clean, safe drinking water. The beauty of our solution is that it falls freely from the sky. We also teach water conservation, reforestation, sanitation and hygiene, and sustainable agriculture. Our programs bring about lasting change that manifest in a myriad of ways. Our sustainable ethics drive long-term solutions and create possibilities for gender equity, economic security, health, abundance, hope and a brighter tomorrow.
Saving rain saves lives.
WOMEN AND WATER
When we work with water, we work with women. That’s because in water stressed areas, cooking, cleaning, and caring for the family is women’s work – and it falls to them to source it.
Before having their rainwater harvesting systems installed, 63% of these women walked 3 to 6 hours per day for water. The other 37% spent more than 10 hours a day searching for enough to meet their family’s needs.
Now, none of them needs to go further than her backyard.
OUR IMPACT ON EDUCATION
When a family has no water, education is not a priority. 80% of children were walking for water instead of going to school. With safe, clean rainwater at home, 95% of children attain perfect school attendance.
Celebrating Anyone Who Loves Like a Mother
Mother's Day: Discover the heartwarming story of how women in Tanzania embody the true meaning of 'Mama' beyond motherhood.
How to Build a 3,500-liter Rainwater Harvesting System
Today is Earth Day. We want to celebrate by sharing our knowledge for creating sustainable and affordable rainwater tanks that impact multiple generations. The thing [...]
For World Water Day, help make it rain 🌧️
There are usually two rainy seasons in northern Tanzania where we work: vuli is the name for the shorter showers in November and December, and masika is the long, [...]
Subscribe to the Ripple!
Through our stories, we spread joy to the furthest shores, delivering inspiration straight to your inbox.